Get a certain or favorite lyric/s from your favorite song, and tell us how it inspires or describes you.
This prompt is so difficult for me. I tend to relate to music differently depending on personal feelings/situations at any given moment – because I’m human and that’s how we work. That being said there is no way I can pick one small lyric or phrase. Therefore here are my most listened to crutch songs if you will. These songs define me, inspire me, and make me feel like in all the chaos and uncertainty in this world, we as humans share similar experiences and feelings.
Queens of the Stone Age – Make It Wit Chu
This song is just the epitome of attraction and all things fabulous in new loves/experiences.
Katy Perry – Part of Me
Never ever give anyone the ‘power’ to change who you are. Your true self is more important than any other person on the planet.
Talking Heads – This Must Be the Place
Their best song in my opinion. The tempo the lyrics and the mood just make sense for so many moments in my life.
Dethklok – Go Forth and Die
Because I will always feel like a poser in any genre and I have a sense of humor. I’d like to think I’m a skeleton part of an army of doom dressed in my scholar robes too. Plus DETHKLOK ROCKS.
A total non-sensical combo, but that pretty much sums up the combination of interests/scholarly pursuits/animals/friends/family/fun that makes up my personality and inspires me to grow each day.
So on top of the Crafting/Life posts I’m going to participate in the October Blog Challenge that is called the October Daily! If you’d like to participate click through the links and check it out!
The first post…. let’s pretend it’s yesterday and drum roll please…..
Name at least 5 reasons why you blog.
This is quite fitting with the re-branding I did yesterday here on GFK.
1. I’ve always enjoyed writing – maybe it was the years and years of education, but after my MA thesis was finished I still wanted to write. *Click Clack* hear that? It’s my nails on the keyboard.
2. I live away from my closest family and some friends. I generally believe those people who love me want to see what I’m up to! Therefore a blog is a great way to show everyone the events, crafts, and lifestyle I live here in Chicago!
3. I love getting a chance to see/hear/comment on others’ posts. It is truly inspiring to see all the AMAZING things people in our world are doing.
4. I was always a fan of this guy:
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
(Just kidding, but blogging for me is kind of like a ‘fun journal’ so I can remember all the stuff I’m doing long into the future!)
5. I love knowing people are reading about my activities and my thoughts. It’s a wonderful feeling for me to know that what I do is interesting and matters to so many wonderful readers.
I love blogging! Hooray Blogtober!
If you’d like to join please do – the more the merrier! Also click on the links to see more participants and connect with other Bloggers!