Okay so I needed a small challenge to get back in the saddle of daily blogging. Mary over at Secret Obsession (from the October Daily Challenge I did) was smart and creative enough to host a 12 Days of Christmas blogging challenge. I think since there is a few more than 12 days left in the month I’ll go ahead and just start this challenge now!
6 THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR THIS CHRISTMAS:
1. Being able to go to Denver and spend Christmas with my friends and family.
2. My job – I am one of the few that is actually doing what I went to school to do.
3. An uncompromised future – I’m gonna keep doing what makes me that authentic self.
4. Sobriety – the BEST gift I ever gave myself.
5. The Ugly Tribe.
The blog challenge for Sunday was “A time when you felt unstoppable” – this is easy.
It’s right now.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so ‘on’ in my life. I have a clear head – I have hobbies – I have goals – I have connections – I have fun – I have healthy relationships – I have awesome animals – I’m eating well/feeling great – my job is rocking – plus I have some majorly insane travels and tattoos coming up.
I’ve talked a lot about ‘DO’ and the only reason my life is so unstoppable and ‘on’ right now is because I just started doing. Reaching that authentic self is so exciting. I’m meeting new people who not only share my interests, but are supportive and kind. By doing, I have put that positive energy out into the world and it is finally coming back ten-fold for me. I can promise you this I will never compromise again. Ever. Being the authentic me I am supposed to reach is what makes me unstoppable.
Over the weekend I went to KNITXMIDWEST in Des Moines, Iowa. It was the most fun weekend I’ve had in a long time and I always have a blast on the weekend so that’s saying it was OFF THE CHARTS FUN. The knit event took place in an adorable little lodge in a state park outside Des Moines. When I walked in on Saturday morning… I LOST IT. First, I finally met Jen at MakexDo – who’ve I have been following on her blog for years. Then I looked around and there were porcelain kittens, and yarn, and crafters, and candy, and pink, and just oh my glob. I kept feeling like I needed to run into the woods and scream ‘I AM THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN ALLLLLL THE LAND!!!!!’
Anyways, I’ll do a few more blogs about the weekend and the awesome awesome awesome knitting friends in Des Moines coming up – here are some pictures that made me barf rainbows. Again a HUGE GIANT KITTEN/RAINBOW BARF/GLITTER FILLED THANK YOU goes to the gals at Hill Vintage and Knits and Jen.
It is Friday! Also I’m so excited because today I get to go to Des Moines to meet up with Lois and my aunt for a knitting weekend! Sayyy whhhhhaaaat? You heard me! A KNITFEST!!!! Anyways, I packed last night (sort of) and am set to be there this evening. YIPEE.
Jeez I didn’t blog for 2 days and I felt like a ‘blog-poser.’ BUT I was super busy and honestly, I didn’t want to write about what the daily blogs were. I’ll post another later Monday to get back on track with the October Daily though.
So if you follow my Instagram some of these will be familiar, but there’s some newbies in here too.
4. Meet as many crafters/knitters as I can. I seriously love meeting other craft artists. I get along with them and I just have so much fun being able to seriously ask another person if I should hoard yarn now or risk waiting for a sale?
5. Here’s the one I just can’t let go of: Get my PhD. What’s that you say? Dr. Ghostfaceknitter has a nice ring? I know. It’s something I have always thought about whether jokingly or not. It would require the most time and dedication of anything I have ever pursued – but most things that are worth having require that don’t they?
7. I just really can’t stress NEVER COMPROMISING AGAIN.
I’m excited I switched gears in my life – actually I got on an entirely different road – and am able to get the most out of me and in doing so, give back to others. I’m stoked to be a part of this blogging world, knitting/crafting communities, helping with the Elders, loving life, loving my family and friends, and for the first time in YEARS loving me.
Today’s October Challenge is to pick the Top 5 blog posts I’ve written. This was hard, because everything I write is so amazing – like Nobel Peace Price worthy…. I digress, it wasn’t that hard, I knew which ones I’d feature immediately and I know most of you guys have loved them too based on your feedback and my site stats. Maybe they are new to some of you new peeps, but have a look!
First Best Video post: YOB
In no particular order:
1. Crafter Blood – A basic explaination of when I was infected with the crafting virus.
2. Tattoo Life – Where my tattoos have given me the life I live.
3. Thesis Process Deconstructed – If you’re a new reader you may not know the struggles, the DRAMA, and the saga of me getting my Master’s in Economics. Here’s the condensed version – short and sweet.
4. A Tale of 2 Brothers – Obviously the Ugly Tribe has grown with the addition of Boris. I wrote this silly story in the few days leading up to getting him. Two…nevermore.
5. The Power of Positivity – Despite GFK’s reputation in Boyz Town as being a miserable person – I’m actually a SUPER positive person. I discovered how positive thinking can re-charge your life and make you a person that you’re proud of. Plus you’ll get to read about my couple crush on my Cousin Matt and his beautiful wife Oli!
Sphynx Cat Q&A – wait you have a naked pussy? Let’s all just take a collective moment to do a major *EYEROLL* and read the Q & A’s about Sphynx Cats.
I have so much fun writing this blog – I hope you guys love reading it. Are there any topics you’d like me to explore here in Chicago? Ultimate hotdog stand tasting? Perhaps tattoo shops here in the city? Or WAIT! What about best wig shop?
So yesterday’s blog challenge was to post your day in pictures. Yesterday was an awesome photo day for me. I went to the Iron Invasion classic car show in Woodstock, IL. It was so fun, plus I surprise ran into some great friends and spent the day walking, talking, and staring at vintage cars. Here we GOOOOO.
I used the camera on the bottom left to shoot a roll of 120mm film. It was fun and carefree. I did not use a light meter etc. so we shall see if the photos come out like dark blobs or if there are some awesome gems among them. I also came home to some Halloween cards which I LOVED. I love ‘real mail’ and I send a lot out, so it’s nice to get a few back in return every once in a while.
It was a fun Saturday with a surprise friend day and all the things I love. I really enjoy getting to do the things I want to. I spent a lot of the last few years waiting around for things to come to me or to ‘get better.’ I can assuredly say I am in charge of my own life now and am having an ATOMIC BLAST!