Another selfish sew! Look at that face! That’s someone who was super excited about some more new clothes.
I found this snake fabric on Etsy a month ago and loved it. Only in hindsight I’m sure it’s kids fabric but still I love the colors and and how the design was. I love the weight of the jersey fabric too – generally jersey is pretty see-thru but this was so thick and not see-thru. Since it was sturdy material I didn’t even use my serger as there was no tension issue.
This was less than an hour project as I almost got thru 1 hour of the Roosevelt’s Doc from PBS. I love that documentary – I’ve seen it probably 4 times all together. I think I love it because it so radically changed my perspective on so much about that family. I especially love watching it now since our political climate has changed so severely.
I used this Pattern from McCall’s:
Specs on Time/Cost
- Total Time: < 1 hour
- Total Cost: $1.99 Pattern + $24 for 2 yards of jersey fabric on Etsy
- 2 yards jersey fabric from Raspberry Creek Fabric on Etsy
- McCalls M6886 Dress Pattern
- Gütermann Polyester Thread
Random Comments about pattern:
- Have you ever bought the wrong sized pattern? I did here lol whoops! But i just shorted the smallest size by 2inches and aimed for 10-12. I didn’t want this one to be skin tight since I wanted to wear it to work, so I think it worked out perfectly.
- Pattern was super easy.
- I’ll be making the V-neck and the long sleeves for sure.
- I only used 1 3/4 yards of fabric.