2014 Pumpkin Carving Round 1:
Bree – Voldemort/Reaper
The Dude – Monster Trick or Treater (Winner – of course)
Honorable Mention: Boris the Spider
With fall here and the holidays right around the corner, let me make your custom items/gifts! Pretty much anything you see knit/sewn/crochet I can make for you! My pricing is very affordable and I work hard to get you exactly what you dreamed!
I have done custom embroidery orders, scarf/cowl, baby bibs, kleenex coozies, crochet people/objects, dresses, skirts, blouses! Don’t forget about the pets either – I can make any costume idea or fun accessory for them too!
Okay so I needed a small challenge to get back in the saddle of daily blogging. Mary over at Secret Obsession (from the October Daily Challenge I did) was smart and creative enough to host a 12 Days of Christmas blogging challenge. I think since there is a few more than 12 days left in the month I’ll go ahead and just start this challenge now!
6 THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR THIS CHRISTMAS:
1. Being able to go to Denver and spend Christmas with my friends and family.
2. My job – I am one of the few that is actually doing what I went to school to do.
3. An uncompromised future – I’m gonna keep doing what makes me that authentic self.
4. Sobriety – the BEST gift I ever gave myself.
5. The Ugly Tribe.
November blog challenge for Flashback Friday:
Obviously in my home Halloween is a big deal. But not really for me – for my animals…..
Write a letter to someone whom you judged by first impression. It can be a serious or a humorous one! 🙂
Humorous for $1000 Alex.
Let me start by saying you have been the sweetest animal I have ever owned. There now I can be truthful….. To start, I didn’t really want you. I was so comfortable in my ‘two-animal’ lifestyle that getting you seemed like a horrible idea. Sadly, I had a kryptonite influence that talked me into ‘going to look’ at you and your littermates. I know what you’re thinking – ‘no one ever just looks.’ BUT, when we got to your birth home just outside Milwaukee, I saw you. You were climbing on a pile of neatly stacked suitcases and meowing. I knew you would be a total asshole and fit in great in my home. Since you have two major assholes as siblings I also was not concerned about your ability to hold your own. Your name was even Waldo back then…. but thankfully I overrode that to call you Boris. You were sooooo tiny I was afraid I would crush you in my hands. I underestimated the power you had in the forms of sharp teeth and razor sharp claws. I also will frankly tell you, I don’t care for your bedside manners. There are better ways to wake me up than shrill ‘mew’s and a naked ass to the face – seriously.
However, you keep me company when your older brothers are both being jerks. Your inquisitive demeanor cracks me up – unless you get stuck on top of the cabinets in the kitchen – then it just gets irritating…. You are silly and love unconditionally – exactly what I needed and was lacking so desperately in my life when I got you. I know things are different now that I’m a single ‘mom’ to you, but believe me it’s way more fun just with me (ask Leopold and Vladimir!).
My only other complaints are that you refuse to partake in costume life, have no idea what ‘sleeping-in’ is, and you relentlessly bother your brothers to the point where they try to harm you. So all fixable things……
I am now an official crazy cat lady for having written this letter to you Boris – but I’m sure glad I have you. Alas, the life as an owner of a tribe is sometimes bizarre, but it’s never dull.
The lady who feeds you everyday and lets you play with yarn.
….of the week…. get your head out of the gutter! Geesh! 😉
So the start of this week was WILD. But a fun wild, not an unplanned for wild. I ended up getting my new and awesome jacket in from Black Salt. If you haven’t looked at their store/site yet, please do they are awesome. You will want many shoes/accessories/clothes.
Then I finished all the Halloween cards from Sunday. Just when I thought I got rid of all the glitter under my nails…. Look forward to that when you open them lovely friends and family. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Work has been super busy as we have department training. I have broken up my day by taking shameless selfies – you know how I roll.
Then last night I got to see Orange Goblin again. I saw them back in 2011 or maybe it was 2012 I can’t remember, I’ve been ‘metal – posing’ for so long now I can’t remember. I went alone and HAD A BLAST. Which is great because I have a few more concerts (Red Fang/Pentagram/Queens of the Stone Age/The Kills) to attend solo this fall/winter. Anyways- Orange Goblin are awesome guys in an even more awesome band. Here are some pictures from the show and if you’d like have a listen to the video below. They are doomy-metaly and from the UK (sigh).
This video is great – just make it through the intro. Be a metal poser and power through till the music starts.
If you could hang out with a celebrity for a day, who would that celebrity be? Why did you choose to hang out with him/her? What would you do or where would you spend that day? Mary over at the October Daily Challenge is full of little surprise posts that make me feel warm and silly.
I’ve been bad and blown off two whole october daily posts…. yikes. BUT I was so busy at work and then in my ‘free-time’ that I just couldn’t fit it in. I guess I could have asked Leopold to write something, but he’s been in a ‘mood’ so it’s best I just didn’t update.
So a celebrity I could hang out with all day? I have a few and I’m gonna keep it short and sweet on the explanations.
1. Marc Jacobs – We would preview his next ready to wear collection/He is a badass.
3. Cary Grant – (NOT zombie CG but if he were still alive) I would just sit and stare at him/He is the most perfect celebrity ever.
4. Joshua Homme – I would hang out with him at Rancho De La Luna, maybe fall in love. Sigh.
5. Katy Perry – I mean I already tweet her about Katy Puggy regularly. Wouldn’t she want to meet it’s creator?
It’s funny, but those are the ‘celebrities’ that inspire me regularly. Each one for a different reason, but even in jest, I would pee myself to even be within a ten foot radius of any of them.
Who are some of your dream celebrities to meet? What would you spend the day doing? Don’t be shy, I wanna know!!
I had such a fun and busy weekend! I got to hang with my DH4L homie A TON. Then, I crafted, saw Chicago in a new light, ate loads of frozen yogurt, ate other super tasty food, and of course prepped for Halloween cards/photos. Here’s a few photos from the weekend.
What are your goals and dreams for the future? You can share to us your dream house, dream workplace, or even your bucketlist before you turn 25!
Well since I am over 25, I’ll just ignore that part of today’s October Challenge prompt. I can tell you some dreams for my future though. In no particular order:
1. Be the authentic me – always. Never compromise myself again – for anyone.
2. Get a little professional with GHOSTFACEKNITTER. Meaning gain 5x more followers by next year for example – that sounds like a challenge to me – CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
3. Be tattooed by the greats – by as many well known and unknown artists around the world. Valerie Vargas, Dan Smith, Grime, Jher, Tim Lehi, Walter McDonald, DestroyTroy, Mario Desa, Alexander Grim, Liam Alvy, Jordan Teear, Danielle Rose…. Here are some photos of a few of these amazing artists.
In the books for 2013: Dusty Neal at Black Anvil, Alisha Rice at Th’ink Tank Tattoo, and Ajarn Bpom Monk in Thailand. (You can check out that link to see the actual Monk tattooing with bamboo shoots.)
4. Meet as many crafters/knitters as I can. I seriously love meeting other craft artists. I get along with them and I just have so much fun being able to seriously ask another person if I should hoard yarn now or risk waiting for a sale?
5. Here’s the one I just can’t let go of: Get my PhD. What’s that you say? Dr. Ghostfaceknitter has a nice ring? I know. It’s something I have always thought about whether jokingly or not. It would require the most time and dedication of anything I have ever pursued – but most things that are worth having require that don’t they?
6.Travel! On deck in 2013 alone: Des Moines for knitting at MIDWEST KNITFEST with Jen at MakeXdo. Thailand to visit my MINI ME. Denver for the holidays to celebrate OG style.
7. I just really can’t stress NEVER COMPROMISING AGAIN.
I’m excited I switched gears in my life – actually I got on an entirely different road – and am able to get the most out of me and in doing so, give back to others. I’m stoked to be a part of this blogging world, knitting/crafting communities, helping with the Elders, loving life, loving my family and friends, and for the first time in YEARS loving me.
future Dr. GFK.
*drop mic out*