If you could hang out with a celebrity for a day, who would that celebrity be? Why did you choose to hang out with him/her? What would you do or where would you spend that day? Mary over at the October Daily Challenge is full of little surprise posts that make me feel warm and silly.
I’ve been bad and blown off two whole october daily posts…. yikes. BUT I was so busy at work and then in my ‘free-time’ that I just couldn’t fit it in. I guess I could have asked Leopold to write something, but he’s been in a ‘mood’ so it’s best I just didn’t update.
So a celebrity I could hang out with all day? I have a few and I’m gonna keep it short and sweet on the explanations.
1. Marc Jacobs – We would preview his next ready to wear collection/He is a badass.
2. Elvira – I would learn cleavage enhancing techniques/She is the ultimate vixen.
3. Cary Grant – (NOT zombie CG but if he were still alive) I would just sit and stare at him/He is the most perfect celebrity ever.
4. Joshua Homme – I would hang out with him at Rancho De La Luna, maybe fall in love. Sigh.
5. Katy Perry – I mean I already tweet her about Katy Puggy regularly. Wouldn’t she want to meet it’s creator?
It’s funny, but those are the ‘celebrities’ that inspire me regularly. Each one for a different reason, but even in jest, I would pee myself to even be within a ten foot radius of any of them.
Who are some of your dream celebrities to meet? What would you spend the day doing? Don’t be shy, I wanna know!!
October Blog Challenge how did you know I needed this so bad today?! It’s like you have ESP. Anyways – a good song can really turn the morning/day/hour around can’t it? Here are the top 5 that turn me from HULKRAGE/EMOSADPANDA/SLEEPYSLOTH to HAPPYFUNTIME.
5. Ellie Goulding – Burn
4. Katy Perry – Hummingbird Heartbeat *(let’s just accept the fact that I LOVE KP – she’s not going anywhere if you like me you’re going to have to deal – I’m sorry)
3. The Melvins – BORIS *the baby keeks namesake and overall a song that makes me think of happy hopeful times long ago
2. Peter Bjorn and Jon – Nothing to Worry About *quite possibly the coolest music video – no joke watch it Japanese Rockabilly – and also the anthem of my Aveda summer with Pokee complete with the trip to JAPAN.
and drumroll please…………..
1. The Black Keys – Howlin’ for you
I just love the beat, the guitar, the lyrics. It’s my ultimate put your darkest eyeliner on and go kick some ass.
What are some of your feel good – put you in a great mood songs?
Get a certain or favorite lyric/s from your favorite song, and tell us how it inspires or describes you.
This prompt is so difficult for me. I tend to relate to music differently depending on personal feelings/situations at any given moment – because I’m human and that’s how we work. That being said there is no way I can pick one small lyric or phrase. Therefore here are my most listened to crutch songs if you will. These songs define me, inspire me, and make me feel like in all the chaos and uncertainty in this world, we as humans share similar experiences and feelings.
Queens of the Stone Age – Make It Wit Chu
This song is just the epitome of attraction and all things fabulous in new loves/experiences.
Katy Perry – Part of Me
Never ever give anyone the ‘power’ to change who you are. Your true self is more important than any other person on the planet.
Talking Heads – This Must Be the Place
Their best song in my opinion. The tempo the lyrics and the mood just make sense for so many moments in my life.
Dethklok – Go Forth and Die
Because I will always feel like a poser in any genre and I have a sense of humor. I’d like to think I’m a skeleton part of an army of doom dressed in my scholar robes too. Plus DETHKLOK ROCKS.
A total non-sensical combo, but that pretty much sums up the combination of interests/scholarly pursuits/animals/friends/family/fun that makes up my personality and inspires me to grow each day.