If you could hang out with a celebrity for a day, who would that celebrity be? Why did you choose to hang out with him/her? What would you do or where would you spend that day? Mary over at the October Daily Challenge is full of little surprise posts that make me feel warm and silly.
I’ve been bad and blown off two whole october daily posts…. yikes. BUT I was so busy at work and then in my ‘free-time’ that I just couldn’t fit it in. I guess I could have asked Leopold to write something, but he’s been in a ‘mood’ so it’s best I just didn’t update.
So a celebrity I could hang out with all day? I have a few and I’m gonna keep it short and sweet on the explanations.
1. Marc Jacobs – We would preview his next ready to wear collection/He is a badass.
2. Elvira – I would learn cleavage enhancing techniques/She is the ultimate vixen.
3. Cary Grant – (NOT zombie CG but if he were still alive) I would just sit and stare at him/He is the most perfect celebrity ever.
4. Joshua Homme – I would hang out with him at Rancho De La Luna, maybe fall in love. Sigh.
5. Katy Perry – I mean I already tweet her about Katy Puggy regularly. Wouldn’t she want to meet it’s creator?
It’s funny, but those are the ‘celebrities’ that inspire me regularly. Each one for a different reason, but even in jest, I would pee myself to even be within a ten foot radius of any of them.
Who are some of your dream celebrities to meet? What would you spend the day doing? Don’t be shy, I wanna know!!
October Blog Challenge how did you know I needed this so bad today?! It’s like you have ESP. Anyways – a good song can really turn the morning/day/hour around can’t it? Here are the top 5 that turn me from HULKRAGE/EMOSADPANDA/SLEEPYSLOTH to HAPPYFUNTIME.
5. Ellie Goulding – Burn
4. Katy Perry – Hummingbird Heartbeat *(let’s just accept the fact that I LOVE KP – she’s not going anywhere if you like me you’re going to have to deal – I’m sorry)
3. The Melvins – BORIS *the baby keeks namesake and overall a song that makes me think of happy hopeful times long ago
2. Peter Bjorn and Jon – Nothing to Worry About *quite possibly the coolest music video – no joke watch it Japanese Rockabilly – and also the anthem of my Aveda summer with Pokee complete with the trip to JAPAN.
and drumroll please…………..
1. The Black Keys – Howlin’ for you
I just love the beat, the guitar, the lyrics. It’s my ultimate put your darkest eyeliner on and go kick some ass.
What are some of your feel good – put you in a great mood songs?
So any family and some friends know my birthday always merited a GIANT party. I loved these and actually this year, being in Chicago – was the first time I have not had a giant family/friends birthday party in almost 3 decades! It actually made me want to cancel having my birthday this year and move it!
Anyways this was in 1992-1993, a rare picture of Lois in the lime green. My entire extended family is there and I just loved moments like these. Growing up in a larger family made it so that events were GIANT and so fun. One of the few things I miss about living close to them is having these awesome get togethers at least once a month. Since my birthday is in July, we would have my party in the backyard and run wild. Lois would make spaghetti and we would all PIG OUT. My great aunt Nita would always give me PJs which I loved and I would clean up nicely in the toy/game/money department. I always had wonderful birthdays growing up and these pictures from this specific one remind me that maybe summer isn’t so bad.
Day 5 of the October Daily Blogger Challenge – This one is going to be fun…
Complete the sentence: If I had a _________, I would __________. You can make as many sentences as you’d like.
1. If I had a TIME MACHINE, I would GO BACK AND WARN TESLA ABOUT THAT M*****F***** EDISON.
2. If I had a WINNING LOTTERY TICKET, I would ONLY TELL THREE PEOPLE & HEAD TO PARIS FOR VACATION.
3. If I had TALKING CATS, I would RUN A BLOG JUST BASED ON THEIR RANTS.
4. If I had a JOB AT A CRAFT STORE, I would BE SO INSPIRED EVERYDAY/MAKE ALL THE CRAFTS!
5. If I had a PHD, I would TEACH ECON 101 AND TRY TO INSPIRE FUTURE ECONOMISTS LIKE I WAS INSPIRED.
6. If I had ANOTHER PUG, I would NAME HIM D’ARTAGNAN – but I will not get another pug so don’t worry Lois.
7. If I had ONE EXTRA DAY A WEEK, I would DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
8. If I had a TELEPORTER, I would visit DENVER, FT. WORTH, SAN ANTONIO, NEW MEXICO, SEATLE, & FLORIDA DAILY.
These kinds of lists are fun, but it gets me thinking about the ‘what ifs’ in our lives. I recently have been FINALLY fulfilling a lot of my ‘what ifs’ and it is the best feeling in the world. Learning new hobbies, crafts – meeting new people, discovering new ways of life and lifestyles – it’s the ‘what ifs’ that make the goals and dreams in our lives. I’m happy do say my ‘what ifs’ get better and better as I continue to be the person I love being.
What are some of your ‘what ifs’? If you had more time in the day what would you do? Could you make it a reality now? Do you have some silly ‘what ifs’ to share? PLEASE DO!
Share your experience during your first few weeks/months in blogging.
Boy oh boy… when I first started blogging back in ot’ 2012 I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into.
First – I didn’t really have much to say that was concise. Second – I didn’t look at any other blogs which is just ridiculous to me now. I mean, I read two or three, but now every night I spend a good solid amount of time looking through hundreds of blogs, the reader, rss, and bloglovin to see what’s happening in this world. Third – I thought people were just going to gravitate to my blog with no publicizing. I’m sure I’ve irritated my Facebook friends by this point, but if you’re my friend look at my blog. If you’re not – hide me from your news-feed.
Overall I have grown so much from the first post. I’ve had so many different events happen from loss, heartache, unemployment, and a bad attitude to love, light, Chicago, and an open heart. My blog still centers around the main stuff – animals, tattoos, my life, and sometimes food and has recently EXPLODED with crafts.
When I first started I knew I was going to love blogging, but I couldn’t tell you how fun it has been sharing the past year and half on here.