I have a confession. I’ve never finished a knit sweater. I have started two vintage patterns, probably a dozen pet sweaters, and have completed the Heliopath – Luna’s vest from the Harry Potter Knitting book, but never actually successfully knitted something that wasn’t an accessory.
At any rate – I saw a Knitterly ad on Facebook for this sweater when I was in Iowa in May – I LOVED IT. I quickly found Drea Renee’s website and now am a cult fan. I’m probably in 30 hours on this sweater in total. I have 2 inches of ribbing on the body, 7 inches on each sleeve, and then the neck ribbing to complete. I’m guessing another 5-10 hours.
Specs on Time/Cost during WIP
- Total Time: so far ~30 hour
- Total Cost: $7 Pattern + $40 for 8 balls of MillaMia from loveknitting.com
- 8 balls of MillaMia Merino Fingering weight yarn
- So Faded Pattern
- Circular Needles
Random Comments about pattern:
- super easy make one left/right increase pattern
- loved the in-pattern commentary about color changing and tips for success
- love the texture of the sleeves being garter stitch
- I did have a confusion point on the sleeves, as written in the pattern I felt they were not symmetrical – but decided to make the sleeve location on the body symmetrical and feel that was the right thing. It probably was what the pattern had meant, but of course I interpreted differently as there were no corrections online regarding this.
- Drea Renee – available I reached out to her about the sleeves (albeit not helpful in my description!) but she replied.